Tuesday 9 April 2013

The door no one can shut

     I introduced my boss to Facing the Giants  Sure it's a terrible quality film when you're looking at all the typical things people get awards for: screenplay, production, acting, directing...the list can go on and on. But the message still stands and it really resonated with me as I watched it here in this spiritual dark environment. It was an encouragement to me that if God wants to still do something in Nunthorpe, either while I'm here or not, I can't just write off these people just because I don't see it. I need to continue to pray for something great, and prepare for something great.
   Here are some passages that have been an encouragement to me lately.

Revelation 3:

"To the church in Philadelphia...

What he opens, no one can close
and what he closes, no one can open:

I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can close. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me. Look, I will force those who belong to Satan’s synagogue—those liars who say they are Jews but are not—to come and bow down at your feet.

They will acknowledge that you are the ones I love.

Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world. I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown..."

Hebrews 6:

"For God is not unjust. He will not forget how hard you have worked for him and how you have shown your love to him by caring for other believers, as you still do. Our great desire is that you will keep on loving others as long as life lasts, in order to make certain that what you hope for will come true. Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead, you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God’s promises because of their faith and endurance."

     Please pray for our girl's weekend, Beloved, this Friday through Sunday. Pray for the theme of self-worth to be clear; our worth doesn't come from what we do or even who we are, but whose we are and what's already been done for us. Pray that many will experience God's love and desire a deeper knowledge and relationship with him. Pray that the leaders will see the purpose behind this weekend and desire a deeper faith as well. Pray for their spiritual confidence in being intentional with the girls who come. And praise God for the 14 girls who will be attending! 

No comments:

Post a Comment