Saturday 29 September 2012

Doritos are not from Mexico.

     They're totally American. But this is usually the extent of an English person's perception of Mexico: Doritos. I have been a part of several conversations about Doritos crisps since I arrived and it's all the same, "Oh right, the Mexican crisps!" So I can't even begin to talk to them about fajitas, queso, and dare I say . . . GUACAMOLE?! I just had to get this out there. It's ridiculous, my life. I miss flavor - wait, I'm sorry, I miss flavour. It's all about "u."


Big Kid Day in Gisborough
      Last Saturday I went to Gisborough (10 minutes by bus) to hang out with Lindsey and Andrew. Out of the 10 gap year youth workers, the 3 of us are the only ones who have completed university, the rest have just graduated from high school. So we had a fun big kid day hiking and enjoying breathtaking views!

     Recently, St. Mary's other youth worker, Ste, and I have been looking at different studies we could teach the students (middle and high school) during Life Groups. After talking to some of the girls last week, it became clear that many of them have questions about God: who He is, why He created us and the world, and why Jesus came to earth. So we decided to go through the book of John and study the basics of what we believe and who Jesus was. Friday we started the study and had a wonderful discussion that answered so many basic questions. It was very encouraging to see the kids so interested in learning more about Bible and Christianity. I'm praying that this attitude will continue throughout the study!


No comments:

Post a Comment